I first discovered the FlatOut brand a few years ago, when I was looking for delicious and easy lunch ideas. I came across the FlatOut brand thin crust flatbreads that made absolutely fabulous homemade pizzas in about 10 minutes. FABULOUS! I recently had the opportunity to meet the FlatOut representatives and they sent me their newest flatbread products, the FlatOut ProteinUP that will be released in stores in about six weeks, and is already reviewed to be one of the best selling MyProtein products coming to the market. This past Sunday, I had breakfast with the FlatOut folks and I have to say, they are pretty awesome!
At breakfast on Saturday, we had the ProteinUP wrap with cream cheese, granola, berries and Cinnamon. OH MY! They were so good. There are three new additions to the FlatOut family—the Core 12, the Red Pepper Hummus (my personal favorite) and the Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper. These three are high in protein, while low in carbs. Each flatbread has 12-15 grams of protein—more than two eggs! The Core 12 and Red Pepper Hummus flatbread get their protein from chickpeas, while the Sea Salt and Crushed Black Pepper get their protein from navy beans. The protein is sourced from the beans, rather than protein isolates. They are simply delicious and my family has been enjoying making new recipes and using the wraps in old recipes.
What I love about FlatOut, is that they are a small company that really cares about its customers, as well as their health. I love that they’ve created a great source of protein, in a delicious product. I’m always love when something tastes great and provides the nutrition I need, without me thinking about it. There’s so many ways that these flatbreads can be used and they are low in carbs, so I don’t feel so guilty about indulging in them.
The good news is, you’ll be seeing the latest FlatOut flatbread in a store new you soon. ProteinUP is hitting the shelves in six week but you can try the wraps and pizza crust at retailers nationwide now, especially at Ralph’s when you’re in LA. Here’s a coupon for $.50 off.
I wanted to share my recipe I made for dinner this week, using the Red Pepper Hummus ProteinUP flatbread:
Turkey Cobb Pinwheels
- Red Hummus FlatOut ProteinUP flatbread (You could use any flavor. This is MY favorite!)
- 2 small or 1 large avocado
- 4 pieces of bacon crumbled or chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Egg (Optional: I didn't use egg this time, but you can add a couple hard-boiled eggs)
- 3 small or 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (Optional: I have made this recipe, in a pinch without cream cheese)
- 3 cups of turkey breast---I use packaged sandwich-style turkey breast from Sprouts. You could also use chicken breast.
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- ¼ cup French dressing (You could use any dressing of your choice with this. Ranch, bleu cheese, Italian would all be great choices.)
- ¼ cup Chipotle Ranch dressing (You could use any dressing of your choice with this. Ranch, bleu cheese, Italian would all be great choices.)
- Cook bacon and allow to cool.
- Combine the bleu cheese, turkey breast, tomatoes, bacon, avocados, eggs and cream cheese (optional) together in a large salad bowl.
- Mix together all ingredients, drizzling the salad dressing over the main ingredients last.
- Lay a bed of spinach evenly across the FlatOut ProteinUP wrap. Spread some of the turkey cobb mixture over the spinach, leaving a ⅓ of the wrap dry, so it can be rolled. Tightly roll the flatbread from the left to the right (as pictured below).
- Cut the roll in 6 even pieces and arrange on the plate.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Flatout.