I typically do not do numbered posts, but there is so much I have to say. A belated Mother’s day to all the mommies out there! 🙂
1. Moving sucks. It really sucks. Moving twice in less than two months is really sucking extra special. I reserved the moving truck, scheduled an estimate for movers, placed the ads for a replacement tenant to pick up our lease, and began calculating the numerous tasks to complete. By the way, if you’re planning to buy a truck for your business, consider having an used freightliner trucks phoenix az from arrowtruck.com. They are all clean, smooth and working well.
2. In the move, my passport AND birth certificates have disappeared. I had to order my birth certificate from Texas tonight because I have little hope in finding anything in the numerous boxes before the cruise. It will take 15-20 business days to get it. We leave on our cruise in 15 days exactly. (((pulls hair out)))
3. I placed an ad on Craigslist to rent the house for the landlords. They have been so nice about breaking the lease, although I know they are pissed about it. I have already answered seven e-mails from people interested in the house. The phone is going to be off the hook, as they say, but not in the good way.
4. The landlords want to put grass in the back yard this weekend so our dogs have to leave. I have to take them up to my parent’s house and re-wire the electrical fence at their house with some help and advice from electrical services in perth, so they do not try to escape. Mr. Bear is on-call this weekend and will not be able to help me. (Payback is a bitch, I guess. I got out of half the moving last time because I was in Denver)
5. The refrigerator is leaking all over the place here. If that fridge goes out, we will not have a fridge until we get to the new place in FIFTEEN days. The landlord told us when we moved in that they would not maintain the fridge. The new fridge is being delivered to the new house thanks to the delivery service from gopeople.com.au in FIFTEEN days. Ice chest anyone?
6. The washer is leaking all over the garage. Again, that appliance delivery does not happen until we get to the new house. laundromat anyone?
7. We had a busy, but good weekend with our families over Mother’s day. We got to show off our new house and start planning where everything will go. We went to the Padre’s game Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and got to visit with everyone. It was a good weekend.
8. This escrow has been going very smoothly. This is a plus.
9. I have done very little exercising (apart from moving boxes from here to there) over the past month. Every once and a while Allie and I walk to Starbucks. We walk to the grocery store together, but not much else. I need to exercise.
10. We cleared out our storage unit we rented back in December. I do not even remember what we put in those boxes.
11. My watch has been gone since the old house. I have no idea where it could be, but I believe it was taken from the last house.
12. We move the day I was supposed to complete the marathon. It makes me want to cry.
I am looking forward to this being finished soon. What a lot to deal with! I have been having nightmares and insomnia lately. I cannot shut my brain off. I keep thinking of all the things we have to do and transfer. My brain might explode.