Welcome to the second edition of Fitness and Health Friday! I am super psyched about this weekend! Thanks to the partnership between FitFluential and TheFitExpo, I am going to Los Angeles this weekend for this HUGE event. I’ve been anxiously awaiting this weekend for a while now! There is so much to do and see and I can’t wait! It has always been a dream of mine to get certified as a personal fitness training. This weekend, I’m going to have the opportunity to meet with the people in the Career Center at TheFitExpo and have serious conversations about the NAFC certification. This is all very exciting to me!
Saturday, I’m going to the keynote and Bodyshred class with Julian Michaels and I’m pretty sure I’m going to puke. That’s okay though! I’ll be ready for it! I’m excited about the sessions and the competitions. I’m excited about getting an autograph signed by Lou Ferrigno and giving him a hard time about giving 110% on Celebrity Apprentice. I’m excited about meeting Phil Heath, Mr. Olympia. If you’re at all thinking about going, let me know! I’d love to meet up! I’ll be there! I’m pretty excited and humbled to have my name on the “Special Guests” page with some pretty phenomenal athletes! There’s some serious talent going to be there! Prices are $25 a day and it really is a steal!
Wow! I can’t believe another week has gone by! Super bowl came and went. It was a shocker and a heart breaker for many! What a week! Sunday, during the Super Bowl, I started feeling a little scratchy throat. I was crankier than usual when football is on. HA! But, we were with some of our very favorite people that day and I really wanted to be well enough to hang out. Four days later, after a fever of 104 on Monday, muscles aches, the worst sore throat of my life, feeling like I was going to die, and trying to fake it until I made it, I went to urgent care.
It’s strep throat for the win! Yay! Anyway, today is a better day. I got a shot of penicillin and some sort of squirt of throat bath that tasted like candy and tinfoil (gag). It wasn’t pleasant, however I am on the mend and feeling much better.
Mr. Bear reminded me that every time I start a new exercise/ fitness/ nutrition program, I tend to get sick. My dear friend Melissa told me that there’s a theory that it is part of the way your body resists the health changes we put it through, in order to force us back to being lazy. That sounds completely right on! Ahh, well. There is a lot of adapting going on to this new life style.
To the Good Stuff:
Alright, with my body going sideways on me and eating like a complete pig at the Super Bowl party, I didn’t work out either. I had a good reason and know that I know I was legitimately sick I have no regrets. Rest was the call of the week. NONETHELESS!! Even with the Super Bowl-eating-too-much-antics and not being able to exercise, the scale MOVED! It moved 2.5 pounds! This is unheard of lately! I’ve been struggling to lose a pound. On the other hand, nothing has sounded good to eat and food has tasted boring—it was a little awesome, actually. 🙂
Honestly, I’m just really proud that I was in touch with my body enough to know not to exercise and when it was time to go to urgent care. I’m starting to feel like I’m in charge of this body of mine and we’re going places! Woohoo! This was a challenging week, yet I rolled with the punches and that is progress.
Goals for next week:
1. Go with the flow. Don’t sweat (Ha!) the small stuff. Look at the big picture. I’m down an amazing 8 pounds total, as of this week! That isn’t horrible.
2. Don’t fear the scale. Don’t fear the activity. Just do it already!
3. Listen to my body. I need to learn to give it what it needs: food for fuel, water for flushing out the toxins, exercise to make it stronger, rest so it can rebuild. This is the only body I’m going to get and I need to keep it nice. Heh.
4. PLAN. PLAN. PLAN. I want to take a look at the mason jar salad ideas this week and I’m working on a couple recipes for FlatOut!, like spicy FlatOut Flatbread roll-ups on Red Pepper Hummus ProteinUp! Flatbread (that are being released to the public soon) and I can’t wait to make them! (FlatOut! will be at booth 636, so stop by if you’re there!) I’ll be having breakfast with their team on Saturday morning, bright and early! I’ll be sharing more soon! Time to get planning!
5. I will focus on the successes and not minimize them. I will stay positive!
What challenge did you face this week? What do you feel like you did better this week? What will you do better next week? Share about your week or link up your fitness-related post in the comments!