It is up for your interpretation if the title of this installment implies that this is going to be a series of bitching, or if I am referring to myself, and how I am just being a bitch today. I for one am completely unsure.
Anyway, here are some of my…let us just call them observations:
- Despite exclusively breastfeeding my baby (except that fateful New Year’s Eve experiment, that went terribly wrong), and that everyone said, “OHHH, you will lose so much weight from breastfeeding,” the weight loss has been relatively modest. In fact, I think it is a spurious relationship between weight loss and breastfeeding. The two cannot be related. I am running my legs off and following Weight Watcher’s.
- Despite running my legs off, I am not losing weight at near the proportions that a person of my size and stature should. Do you know how hard it is to carry this heavy body at a 5 mph pace and to sustain such a pace for any length of time? I should be melting away.
- Despite running my legs off, I am still only able to maintain a 5 mph pace, at best, an occasional 11 minute mile can be squeezed out (:rolleyes). I know I said I do not care about speed, but I lied. Sometimes I do that…I lie. Mostly to myself.
- Despite consistently following Weight Watcher’s, I am not losing weight at epic proportions the people on, “The Biggest Loser” were logging each week.
- Despite all the right things being followed to a tee, I am up almost a pound since weigh in.
- I was in the slideshow for last weekend’s run. I was appalled at how fat I really am.
This is me, running on Saturday.
A side note though–Angie (my sister-in-law) and I were talking. She was impressed by my bravery to post my weight stats on here. I do not look at it as bravery as much as honesty. Just looking at me, you can see I am not a lean 135 pounds.
On an unrelated note: Check out how sweet my wonderful husband is, feeding Allison on Saturday, at the Legoland run. Is this picture not the most precious thing ever? Did I mention that Eric is the most wonderful husband a girl could ever have? He is amazing AND HANDSOME.